As an organization that serves local business owners and customers, SBAC is proud to join with American Express to support the 10th annual Small Business Saturday® this Nov 30.
Small Business Saturday was founded by American Express in 2010 to help strengthen local economies. Today, it’s a holiday shopping tradition and part of a nationwide Shop Small® Movement dedicated to supporting all kinds of small businesses. From the corner store to your favorite diner to a trendy online boutique, it’s unique small businesses like yours that help local communities stay vibrant.
Participating in Small Business Saturday is a great way to reach new customers and promote your business. Here are some tips for getting involved on Nov 30:
- Get social. Promote Small Business Saturday deals and share how you’re preparing your business in the next week. Use #ShopSmall on your social media posts to join the overall conversation. Visit AmericanExpress.com/MarketingSupport for free promotional assets, such as ready-made social posts, to show your support. On the day of, encourage shoppers to Instagram/tweet/Facebook post and tag your business. This can increase engagement of your posts, potentially reaching new customers.
- Plan an event. Take advantage of the hype and organize a Small Business Saturday kickoff. Whether it’s a full-fledged party with food, drinks and entertainment, or simply a special item promotion, these kinds of events draw shoppers in. Consider special discounts or free offerings for loyal customers, and let them know via email and social media. You could even live-stream the event.
- Partner up. Small Business Saturday is all about local communities, so this is the perfect opportunity to team up with other like-minded small businesses. Reach out and see how you can provide unique offers, or highlight and give a portion of proceeds to a local charity.
- Promote gift cards. Holiday shoppers love gifts cards and gift certificates this time of year. Make sure you have them on offer, and promote them wide and far to cash in on this opportunity.
- Extend your hours. Since Small Business Saturday could turn out to be your busiest day of the year, consider opening earlier and closing later. Just make sure your customer’s know and can take advantage!
- Share the Love. Last but not least, support other small businesses on Nov 30th! Let your holiday shopping support businesses right here in our community.
- Be Inspired. Not yet a small business owner? Contact us at SBAC to see how your business can be ready to participate in Small Business Saturday 2020!
Join us and American Express this Nov 30 to celebrate the 10th Small Business Saturday.