Purpose: To provide funding to small businesses whose operations have been severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Funds can be used for ongoing hardship and expenses.
- Maximum grants of $50,000
- Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Located, licensed and operating in Chatham County, GA (excluding the City of Savannah)
- In existence and operational as of January 1, 2020, and,
- Business incurred a loss of income or hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Funds will be set aside for distinct target populations:
- Minority and Women-owned businesses (at least 51% owned and operated)
- Businesses in the unincorporated County areas
- All other businesses
Applicants for the Chatham County CARES Act Grant will need to provide digital uploads of the following documents:
- Current Business License or Occupational Tax Certificate
- Last filed Business Tax Return
- Monthly Profit and Loss statements from January to June 2020
Applications must be completed in full, including all required document uploads. Incomplete applications will not be eligible.
Grant Funds are limited.
This application will open on September 1, 2020 at 8:00 am and remain open until September 8, 2020 at 5:00 PM.