The City of Savannah is providing financial assistance to local businesses who have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Through the use of Coronavirus Relief Funds, grant opportunities will be awarded to eligible businesses to support small business recovery.
To be eligible for a grant, businesses must meet all of the following criteria:
- Located within the City of Savannah limits
- In existence and operational as of January 1, 2020
- Have 10 or fewer employees
- Have incurred a loss of income or hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic, and
- Have not received a City of Savannah CARES grant in Round One.
The maximum grant amount is $20,000. Availability of Grant Funds are limited. Funds will be set aside for distinct target populations:
- Minority businesses (at least 51% owned and controlled by an ethnic minority)
- Businesses within Neighborhood Revitalization Areas (CDBG Census Tracts)
- Businesses with 5 or fewer employees
- All other businesses
Applicants for the City of Savannah grant will need to provide digital uploads of the following documents:
- Current City of Savannah Business License
- Last filed Business Tax Return
- Monthly Profit and Loss statements from January to June 2020
Applications must be completed in full, including all required document uploads. Incomplete applications will not be eligible.