The Microloan Fund Program provides direct micro-level loans, and business based training and technical assistance to start-ups, newly established and growing small business concerns.
Use of Proceeds
- Working capital
- Purchase of real estate inventory
- Furniture and fixtures
- Raw materials
- Machinery and equipment
- In addition to loan amounts, SBAC also provides technical assistance to microloan clients.
Each application will be considered on the basis of the company’s unique financial needs. The maximum loan amount is $50,000.
The current interest rate is 6.5%, fixed for the term of the loan.
The repayment period will be determined on a case-by-case basis not to exceed six (6) years.
For-profit businesses in the City of Savannah, 53 counties in Southeast GA, and Beaufort, Charleston, Colleton, Dorchester, Hampton, and Jasper counties in SC.
Excluded businesses include:
- Non-profit organizations
- Consumer and marketing cooperatives
- Business dealing in the creation, origination, expression or distribution of ideas, values, thoughts, or opinions. i.e. patents
- Specialty stores primarily engaged in selling products that promote or advocate ideas, specialized delivery, distribution or transportation concerns limiting themselves to distribution of “ineligible materials.”
All information is subject to change without notice.