SBAC is a wonderful place to work and a rewarding opportunity to give back to the community. Apply for one of our job openings, we would love to have you join the team.
Micro-Loan Program Manager
The Micro-Loan Program Manager (Loan Manager) oversees the Micro-Loan Program (“Program”), which provides loans to businesses. The Loan Manager ensures that all requirements set forth by the SBAC are met, and that loan initiating/origination and processing of loans is completed according to SBAC approved programmatic guidelines. The Loan Manager also works with Executive Management in strategic/business planning, marketing of lending products, analysis of loan applications, and identification of problems and opportunities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures that the Program activities and projects are aligned with Board directives.
2. Manages the effective accomplishment of loan production goals set by the Board. Sells Program products including informing small businesses and individuals of the Program’s outcomes, benefits, and features. Identifies leads, manages loan prospects, and acquires and originates new loans. Establishes, develops, and maintains positive relationships with existing and potential customers and appropriate business referral sources to generate leads with potential new or existing customers.
3. Ensures customer satisfaction with all parties involved on each loan originating from application to closing.
4. Formulates loan policies, procedures, and operational guidelines. Prepares and submits all Program work plans, budget reports, and other required reports and inquiries from established deadlines. Monitors and manages expenditures within budget allocations.
5. Keeps informed of trends, changes, and developments in the SBAC lending markets.
6. Monitors collaborators and competitors and keeps up-to-date with changing rules, regulations, and guidelines from the Small Business Administration, U.S. Treasury Department, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Community Development Finance Institutions Fund, and other agencies.
1. Administers all program lending activities for business loan operations to determine efficient work plans that achieve business objectives. Ensures optimal customer service and participates in all improvement activities.
2. Determines and maintains internal control on all loan processes and activities.
3. Works with the loan closing and servicing department, including payment plans and write-offs, and designs appropriate methods and procedures to maintain loan program effectiveness.
4. Monitors interest rates, performs quality reviews, and analyzes financial reports to develop solutions to credit and business issues.
5. Develops and maintains professional relationships with all borrowers to answer all questions. Analyzes all credit reports for qualification purposes and documents all borrower resources.
6. Evaluate all documents to maintain the accuracy of all electronic files.
1. Actively participates in the recruitment of program employees, including interviewing candidates and making recommendations for hire. Provides training, whether directly or in coordination with approved third-party providers, for all program employees. Plans assign and direct employee work. Engages in employee performance planning, feedback, and evaluation at scheduled intervals. Provides ongoing coaching and performance improvement planning to close performance gaps.
2. Conducts various assessments and audits to ensure Program procedures are achieving accurate and desired results.
3. Ensures the proper handling and maintenance of confidential, sensitive, and/or proprietary information without exception.
4. Performs job duties following SBAC s policies and procedures. Considers SBAC’s mission and core values when making decisions.
Performs other duties and responsibilities assigned by the CEO, CFO, and Vice President of Lending consistent with the Board approved operational guidelines.
Education, Training, and/or Experience
1. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a field related to banking, finance, or business. Can have financial banking or analytical work experience providing knowledge, skills, and abilities if the work experience was of such scope, level, and quality to assure the possession of comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities.
2. Five (5) years of lending experience in a bank, revolving loan fund, or other lending institutions must include originating loans, providing consulting services, and training staff on financial practices/procedures.
3. Three (3) years of administrative experience that clearly demonstrates an ability to effectively manage professional staff. And, develop solutions to complex and unprecedented situations. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and take primary responsibility for creating, managing, executing, and coordinating program policies and activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Remote interview process available
Email resume, cover letter, and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
SBAC is an Equal Opportunity Lender, Provider, and Employer