SBAC is a wonderful place to work and a rewarding opportunity to give back to the community. Apply for one of our job openings, we would love to have you join the team.
PR and Marketing Coordinator
We are looking to contract a Marketing and PR Coordinator to support our team. As the Marketing and PR Coordinator, you will be responsible for providing day-to-day marketing and administrative support, to include maintaining a WordPress website, creating content and updating social media accounts, responding to media inquiries, and designing promotional products for SBAC’s programs. The primary goal of the Coordinator is to generate increased awareness of and engagement with of SBAC’s mission and programs within the service areas. The successful candidate should be detail-oriented with good verbal and written communication skills, and have excellent computer skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage social media accounts, regularly posting new content and responding to engagement
- Reply to media inquiries and create Press Releases.
- Manage video marketing program, including scheduling interviews for corporate professionals and small business clients.
- Identify opportunities for successful publicity strategies using traditional and digital media outlets.
- Create monthly newsletter and other marketing emails to communicate with existing customer base.
- Generate and update content presented on our website
- Monitor website traffic and make sure the site is working correctly
- Use website functions (such as plugins) to meet SBAC needs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Mac operating systems Candidate must be able to write custom content. Strong writing, proofing, editing skills, attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines are musts.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Experience with website development and maintenance, particularly use of WordPress
- Understanding of various social media platforms and strategies. Knowledge of opportunities, trends, and features in both traditional and social media space
- Bachelor’s Degree in PR, communications, journalism, marketing, or related field.
- Experience with media engagement and drafting press releases
- Experience with email marketing programs, in particular Constant Contact
- Part-time (15 hours/week)
- Contract position
- Must be willing to work on-site at SBAC offices in Savannah, GA
- Remote interview process available
Micro-Loan Program Manager
The Micro-Loan Program Manager (Loan Manager) oversees the Micro-Loan Program (“Program”), which provides loans to businesses. The Loan Manager ensures that all requirements set forth by the SBAC are met, and that loan initiating/origination and processing of loans is completed according to SBAC approved programmatic guidelines. The Loan Manager also works with Executive Management in strategic/business planning, marketing of lending products, analysis of loan applications, and identification of problems and opportunities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures that the Program activities and projects are aligned with Board directives.
2. Manages the effective accomplishment of loan production goals set by the Board. Sells Program products including informing small businesses and individuals of the Program’s outcomes, benefits, and features. Identifies leads, manages loan prospects, and acquires and originates new loans. Establishes, develops, and maintains positive relationships with existing and potential customers and appropriate business referral sources to generate leads with potential new or existing customers.
3. Ensures customer satisfaction with all parties involved on each loan originating from application to closing.
4. Formulates loan policies, procedures, and operational guidelines. Prepares and submits all Program work plans, budget reports, and other required reports and inquiries from established deadlines. Monitors and manages expenditures within budget allocations.
5. Keeps informed of trends, changes, and developments in the SBAC lending markets.
6. Monitors collaborators and competitors and keeps up-to-date with changing rules, regulations, and guidelines from the Small Business Administration, U.S. Treasury Department, U.S. Department of Agriculture, Community Development Finance Institutions Fund, and other agencies.
1. Administers all program lending activities for business loan operations to determine efficient work plans that achieve business objectives. Ensures optimal customer service and participates in all improvement activities.
2. Determines and maintains internal control on all loan processes and activities.
3. Works with the loan closing and servicing department, including payment plans and write-offs, and designs appropriate methods and procedures to maintain loan program effectiveness.
4. Monitors interest rates, performs quality reviews, and analyzes financial reports to develop solutions to credit and business issues.
5. Develops and maintains professional relationships with all borrowers to answer all questions. Analyzes all credit reports for qualification purposes and documents all borrower resources.
6. Evaluate all documents to maintain the accuracy of all electronic files.
1. Actively participates in the recruitment of program employees, including interviewing candidates and making recommendations for hire. Provides training, whether directly or in coordination with approved third-party providers, for all program employees. Plans assign and direct employee work. Engages in employee performance planning, feedback, and evaluation at scheduled intervals. Provides ongoing coaching and performance improvement planning to close performance gaps.
2. Conducts various assessments and audits to ensure Program procedures are achieving accurate and desired results.
3. Ensures the proper handling and maintenance of confidential, sensitive, and/or proprietary information without exception.
4. Performs job duties following SBAC s policies and procedures. Considers SBAC’s mission and core values when making decisions.
Performs other duties and responsibilities assigned by the CEO, CFO, and Vice President of Lending consistent with the Board approved operational guidelines.
Education, Training, and/or Experience
1. Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in a field related to banking, finance, or business. Can have financial banking or analytical work experience providing knowledge, skills, and abilities if the work experience was of such scope, level, and quality to assure the possession of comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities.
2. Five (5) years of lending experience in a bank, revolving loan fund, or other lending institutions must include originating loans, providing consulting services, and training staff on financial practices/procedures.
3. Three (3) years of administrative experience that clearly demonstrates an ability to effectively manage professional staff. And, develop solutions to complex and unprecedented situations. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others and take primary responsibility for creating, managing, executing, and coordinating program policies and activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Remote interview process available
Email resume, cover letter, and contact information to email@example.com
SBAC is an Equal Opportunity Lender, Provider, and Employer